Premier institution of the Government of Pakistan under Ministry of Industries & Production. SMEDA was established in October 1998 to take on the challenge of developing Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Pakistan. With a futuristic approach and professional management structure it has focus on providing an enabling environment and business development services to small and medium enterprises. SMEDA is not only an SME policy-advisory body for the government of Pakistan but also facilitates other stakeholders in addressing their SME development agendas.
• Formulate Policy to encourage the growth of SMEs in the country and to advise the Government on fiscal and monetary issues related to SMEs.
• Facilitation of Business Development Services to SMEs.
• Facilitate the development and strengthening of SME representative bodies associations/chambers.
• Set up and manage a service provider’s database including machinery and supplier for SMEs.
• Conducting sector studies and analysis for sector development strategies.
• Facilitation of SMEs in securing financing.
• Strengthening of SMEs by conducting and facilitating seminars, workshops and training programs.
• Donor assistances for SME development of SMEs through programs and projects.
• Assist SMEs in getting international certifications (such as UL, CE, DIN, JIS, ASME, KS, etc.) for their products and
• Identification of service opportunities on the basis of supply/demand gap